Born January 18, 1884, Arthur Ransome was a British author of stories for children among other texts. His contribution to the world of folklore is the notable Old Peter’s Russian Tales, which features Russian folk tales told for English children. Unlike other Russian folklore authors, he rewrote his stories using multiple variants of the same stories, and inserting the new characters of Old Peter, Vanya and Maroosia. Old Peter tells the stories in the text to Vanya and Maroosia.
Fairy tales by Arthur Ransome
- The Fire-Bird, the Horse of Power, and the Princess Vasilissa
- The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship
- Spring in the Forest
- The Stolen Turnips, the Magic Tablecloth, the Sneezing Goat, and the Wooden Whistle
- The Soldier and Death
- The Three Men of Power -- Evening, Midnight and Sunrise
- The Tale of the Silver Saucer and the Transparent Apple
Suggest a tale
Do you think the best tale is still missing? Paste in a link and let us now.