Green Willow and Other Japanese Fairy Tales
Green Willow and Other Japanese Fairy Tales is a collection of 38 Japanese fairy tales authored by Grace James. As an author, Grace James was mostly known for her John and Mary books, which were a series of children’s books about two children who have fantastic adventures. The first John and Mary books were published in the 1930’s, and were popular with English schoolchildren. However, in 1910, before the John and Mary books, the author was a dedicated folklorist as well, collecting and retelling traditional Japanese folk tales with Green Willow and Other Japanese Fairy Tales.
Fairy tales by Green Willow and Other Japanese Fairy Tales
- The Sad Story of the Yaoya's Daughter
- The Sea King and the Magic Jewels
- The Star Lovers
- The Story of Susa, the Impetuous
- The Singing Bird of Heaven
- The Spring Lover and the Autumn Lover
- The Strange Story of the Golden Comb
Suggest a tale
Do you think the best tale is still missing? Paste in a link and let us now.