Born in 1841 in Indiana, James Baldwin was an author, editor and educator. Baldwin was passionate about education and began his career as a teacher before moving on to superintendent. His experience in the school system led to positions as an editor of school books, however, he soon began authoring books himself. Baldwin liked to take complex texts such as the Greek myths and Norse legends, then break them down into simple language for young readers. He published over 50 books in his lifetime, including the texts Old Greek Stories, The Story of Seigfried and even fairy readers, collections of fairy tales. Baldwin passed away in 1925.
Fairy tales by James Baldwin
- The Quest of Medusa's Head Part I: The Wooden Chest
- The Quest of Medusa's Head Part II: The Magic Slippers
- The Quest of Medusa's Head Part III: The Gray Sisters
- The Quest of Medusa's Head Part IV: The Western Maidens
- The Quest of Medusa's Head Part VI: The Great Sea Beast
- The Quest of Medusa Part VII: The Timely Rescue
- The Quest of Medusa's Head Part VIII: The Deadly Quoit
Suggest a tale
Do you think the best tale is still missing? Paste in a link and let us now.