We strive to comply with the Children’s’ Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) in the US. Please see section 5 below for further info. You can learn more about COPPA by visiting this guide from the kidSAFE seal program: http://www.kidsafeseal.com/knowaboutcoppa.html.
We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please see section 6 below.
2. INFORMATION GATHERED THROUGH THE APP
We make the App available for download via a number of platforms, especially the Apple App Store and Google Play (each an “App Platform”) operated by third parties (each an “App Platform Operator”).
- information on your patterns of use of the App, such as how long you use it for, how often you use it, and what you do or click when you are using it;
- the amount of content used – pages, game play or video watched – within the app each time you use it;
- the language through which you are using the App; and
- information about your Device, including, where available, your operating system, the anonymised unique device identifier code, information regarding the volume and status of data transmission, click-through statistics and the date and time you access portions of the the App;
We have no control over an App Platform Operator’s collection or use of information and cannot change what information is made available to us by an App Platform Operator by virtue of your or our use of the App Platforms.
Your personal data is gathered from the following sources:
- when you provide it to us or the App Platform Operator;
3. WHAT WE USE THE INFORMATION FOR
We use information that we have access to about you or that you give to us in several ways:
- to deliver and maintain a high quality service;
- to refine and improve the App and to deliver to you and maintain high quality products;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to gain insight into how customers, including you, use the the App so that we can make improvements to its usability and analyze or fix technology problems;
- to balance traffic to ensure our users receive a consistent and reliable service;
- to conduct research on and analysis of our business practices and our interactions with you, with a view to improving our service and products;
- to allow you to access the the App and to participate in features of our services when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you, if we choose to do so, about changes to our services, including the the App.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHER PEOPLE
You understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- our professional advisors (e.g. lawyers, tax advisors);
- a prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets of the App or Fairytalez itself;
- a third party in order to enforce or comply with any agreement, including an agreement with an App Platform Operator; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, or others; this includes exchanging information with third parties regarding fraud protection insurance and credit risk reduction.
We do not disclose personal information about you to third parties (including advertisers or marketing companies) unless you have consented to that disclosure, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymized information about users of a the App. You hereby agree to these practices.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other group companies, to App Platform Operators or to our other service providers, in and outside of US and Europe (e.g. Pubfront ApS, providing the streaming channel software). You agree that we may transfer your personal data on that basis.
5. CHILDREN / MINORS
We do not knowingly collect or store personal data from children under the age of 18 via the App. Our Apps provide audio and features for children that do not require the collection of personal data from children. Any feature that may request personal information, such as a paid subscription or newsletter sign-up form is intended for use or activation by a parent or guardian of the child and is placed in areas directed to parents and grown-ups only.
If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete it as soon as is possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child (a person under the age of 18) has provided us with personal data without their consent, please contact us on [email protected].
6. SECURITY AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Fairytalez; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the actions of an App Platform Operator, or for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you release us from liability in connection with any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal data information that we hold about you. We will provide this information to you. You can modify, update or delete your inaccurate personal information at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
From time to time apps are the target of third parties acting illegally and masquerading as legitimate app companies. Our App will never be made available to download from sources other than from an App Platform Operator approved by us. If you are in doubt about the authenticity of any source of an app, please let us know.
The apps and the Fairytalez account pages in the App Platforms may, from time to time, contain links to other services and websites. If you follow a link to any of these services or websites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not take any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the activities on those services.
If you find any suspicious activity connected to the use of an App Platform then we suggest you contact the App Platform Operator immediately. If you find anything suspicious or encounter suspicious activity in relation to your use of the App or our account then please contact us immediately at [email protected].
We welcome questions, comments, and requests. These should be addressed to [email protected].
Last updated: September 20, 2020