Captain Arthur Owen Vaughan
Captain Arthur Owen Vaughan was a writer from England, who served the British Army in the Boer War. While serving, he met his future wife, Catherine Geere. His time in Africa also informed his collection of South African tales, Old Hendrik's Tales, stories of children involving animals such as jackals, hares and more. The book is co-authored by C.L. Vaughan, his wife.
Fairy tales by Captain Arthur Owen Vaughan
- Why Old Baboon Has That Kink in His Tail
- Why Old Jackal Danced the War-Dance
- When Ou' Wolf Built His House
- Why the Heron Has a Crooked Neck
- When the Birds would Choose a King which Tells Also Why the White Owl Only Flies by Night
- Why Old Jackal Slinks His Tail
- Why Little Hare Has Such a Short Tail
- Why the Tortoise Has No Hair On
- Why the Ratel is so Keen on Honey
Suggest a tale
Do you think the best tale is still missing? Paste in a link and let us now.